Thursday 21 October 2010

Some day your entire life will flash before your eyes...........

Thank you Frank for your facebook post which triggered these thoughts.

"Some day your entire life will flash before your eyes, make sure it's worth the watching!"

Well they say before we die our life will flash before our eyes
Will mine be quite predictable or something to surprise?
Will the show be worth the watching, will it make me feel proud
Or will I yearn to turn it off, if that would be allowed?
Will it be the sort of movie that bores the world to tears
Or a psychological thriller homing in on my worst fears?
Perhaps it will be comedy with laughter all the way
Or thought provoking drama with something wise to say
Will it be full of people? Or will I star alone?
Will others recognise me, will I be well known?
Will it be a happy story, will it make me smile?
Will I feel that my life achieved anything worthwhile?

I hope I'm proud to own it, I hope at least to say
I wouldn't have done it differently in any major way!

Karen Holmes
21 October 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment