Tuesday 12 October 2010

Anna

Today I heard the sad news that a neighbour has died, here's my small tribute to a lovely lady


Anna

I'll always remember you, Anna
You were valued by all in the street
You'd go up the road for your paper
and were always a pleasure to meet.

Yet you'd thank me for stopping and chatting
and I'd tell you “now don't be so daft”
We'd stand there and put the whole world to rights
And often we'd have quite a laugh

And that day in the cold, snowy weather
when I asked if you needed some shopping
then you said, “come inside, come into the warm"
You made tea and I ended up stopping.

You spoke of your church and I told you of mine
and you told me such tales of the past
You talked of your family and when they were young
The afternoon went very fast.

No, it won't be the same here without you
There's many nearby who'd agree
But I'll always remember you, Anna
For that chat and a nice cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment