Friday 22 October 2010

Chocolate

What is your favourite chocolate
Mine are coffee creams
I could eat them every single day
They're the stuff of happy dreams

Now this might seem peculiar
But I also love the smell
Of the little after eight packets
You know the ones so well

There's just something about them
Though what I can't explain
If they ever changed the packaging
I bet they wouldn't smell the same

I love to open Roses chocolates
The ones in a huge tin
The sight of so much wickedness
Can cause a girl to sin

The purple ones with caramel
Are larger than the rest
So maybe it's inevitable
That I like those the best

And Thornton's viennese truffles
Now they're a treat indeed
When life is getting troublesome
And luxury you need

For a trip back to my childhood
A bar of Caramac
Though I thought it looked much better
When the packaging was black

Do tell me what's your favourite?
The one's you can't resist
But probably like me you'll find
You have a lengthy list!

For chocolate keeps us going
It keeps the blues at bay
Indulge, give in, allow yourself
Some chocolate every day.

Karen Holmes
22 October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment