Monday 18 October 2010

Horrid Hospital Appointment

I've a hospital appointment tomorrow
And I really do not want to go
It's horrid, so horrid, just HORRID
And I needed to let you folks know.

It's to check on my eyes since my treatment
And they'll put nasty drops in that sting
They'll make me read letters on charts
And poke me in the eye with some thing

I really don't want to be bothered
On top of the rest of the stuff
I'm resisting the urge to start shouting
That Karen has had quite enough

Lets hope that they see me quite promptly
So I can escape from that place
And if they have told me I'm healthy
I'll have a big smile on my face

Dear readers, there may be no poem
Tomorrow for you to digest
For my eyes might be still rather blurry
And I may well be glad of a rest

But if I'm inspired to wax lyrical
I'll scribble it down with due haste
Just a touch of some keys on my laptop
I'll highlight, then copy and paste!

Karen
October 18th 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment