Thursday 7 October 2010

Miracles still happen

Miracles still happen

My husband is cleaning the windows
Perhaps it's my eyes which deceive
If I wasn't sitting here witnessing it
It's something I'd never believe!
You might think I'm over reacting
But my statement below is quite true
It's a job that he's always been proud to admit
Is something that he'd never do.

I've never done that in my lifetime”
he'd say with a glint in his eye.
It left me with no doubt whatsoever
That he never intended to try!
And so over the years I have done them
When the sunshine has showed their true state
I'm not one to criticize harshly
Or my poor, dear husband berate.

Today he has made a mistake folks
An error of judgement, a flaw
For now he has proved he can do it
There's plenty more tasks lie in store.
The paint in the kitchen is peeling
There's ironing awaiting attention
Though some would say that's not a job for a man
It's often a bone of contention

The list that I've made is unending
How did I ever cope all alone?
And here all along was my dear one
A house husband if I'd just known
Does anyone else need assistance?
I'd be willing to hire him out
If you've got any windows need cleaning
You know where I am, give a shout!

Karen
October 7th 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment