Sunday 31 October 2010

The Hoover or for those who like to be accurate - the vacuum cleaner!

The spiders that live here have little idea
What us poor arachnophobes feel
When they unexpectedly make an appearance
Although they must hear when we squeal

So I have little sympathy when with the hoover
I send them to that web in the sky
But the problem has been with constructing said tool
Which caused hubby to swear if not cry

The cat even ventured from out of the kitchen
To witness this strange, rare event
Of a red bit of plastic held this way and that
to try to decide where it went

When finally we had accomplished the task
Of getting the pieces to fit
My hubby decided it looked cheap and nasty
and said “I don't like it one bit”

He decided the best thing for him now to do
Was take the thing back to the store
And get them to swop it for something much better
Although it might cost a bit more.

So piece by piece twas disassembled
till only one bit was remaining
I don't think I'm able to get this part out”
He said with much effort and straining.

I thought it was best to stay silent
As he started undoing the screws
He now had an excess of pieces
I felt that this wasn't good news!

The cat had decided to make a swift exit
The fun part was over, he knew
I finally found my lost voice once again
Err, what are you going to do?”

Well there's only one option that's left”, he replied
We'll just have to keep it, make do
So I'll just pop it all back together again
Does that sound alright, dear to you?”

Oh yes, what a fine sounding plan” I agreed
I expect 'twill be quicker this time
And then maybe, perhaps we could give it a try
And check that it's working just fine”

Well between you and me, I'm most grateful
The thing worked first time without flaw
For I have to admit, I was wondering
If I could take very much more

So you see what I mean about spiders
And their thoughtless behaviour when here
I won't tolerate any sightings
For I've had quite enough, is that clear?

With hoover I'm armed and I'm dangerous
There's nowhere to run or to hide
It may look a bit cheap and nasty
But I'll brandish my hoover with pride!

Karen Holmes
31 October 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment