Sunday 10 October 2010

A Small Observation

An Small Observation

Whatever your thoughts about God may be
May I share just a small observation
If there's nobody bigger than us out there
We're in rather a grave situation.

For no plan of this age seems effective
Whate'r those in power try to prove
Myopia rules! We're shortsighted
And life doesn't seem to improve.

Today let us ponder together
The truth that we're in quite a mess
for it seems no one gives their attention
To the issues that should be addressed.

And I know of my own fallibility
I'm guilty as charged, I admit
With decisions I've made in my lifetime
I've often messed up quite a bit.

So, to clarify, here's where I'm standing
On the Rock, my unshakable ground
Though I'm battered and bruised He will not let me go
In Him, I'm secure, safe and sound.

© Karen Holmes
10 October 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment