Tuesday 26 August 2014

Oh Thou Who Changest Not.........

Same tune - new words.

Abide with me for sometimes I get scared
Often in life I feel so unprepared

Nothing is constant, nothing stays the same
Oh thou who changest not, I call your name.

Abide with me for I can't cope alone

Don't leave me helpless, don't leave me on my own
Stand by my side, and take hold of my hand
Oh thou who changest not, please understand.

Abide with me through every single day
Stay with me always, please don't go away
Though I mess up and often get things wrong

Be always present, God, and make me strong.

Abide with me for all my hope's in You

Though I can't understand the things you do
Sometimes I falter, Often I am weak

Then, through the silence, let me hear You speak.

Abide with me my one unfailing friend
Abide with me until life's very end
Unchanging God, Unfailing King of Kings
Help me each day your wondrous praise to sing.

Karen Holmes
17 October 2010

(written 2 months after I had a stroke when fear was very present and uncertaintly became my only certainty)

No comments:

Post a Comment