Tuesday 26 August 2014

Guardian Angels

Written a few years ago for special friends, I am sure they won't mind if I share this more widely now.


You're protected by my angels
Placed like sentry's at their post
Guardians of my precious children
Of the ones who need them most
Wings outstretched, none dare to pass them
Lest they're vetted and approved
Once appointed by the Father
These protectors can't be moved.
What a sight - a mighty vision
Huge and tall, their wingspan vast
Only my most trusted angels
Are deemed worthy of this task.
Day and night they keep their vigil
And the air by them is stirred
With each move of Holy Spirit
As each faithful prayer is heard
drops of Holy Spirit's power
healing ointment, soothing balm
Bringing peace in fear filled moments
And an inner sense of calm.
Oh my dearest, much loved children
You're held safely night and day
Rest secure in firmest knowledge
My protections here to stay.

Always guarding, never sleeping
Dearest ones safe in my keeping.

Karen Holmes
June 1st 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment