Tuesday 26 August 2014

But

You've seen the way things are Lord
For nothing gets past you
As to where my life is headed
Well, I haven't got a clue.
I can only see the obvious
And the outlook's not too great
For my body's frail and damaged
Let alone my mental state!

When we gather on a Sunday
Some can barely lift their eyes
Our human hearts are broken
and our pain we can't disguise
There is darkness all around us
Each day throughout the year
BUT the Spirit of our God 
is alive and hovers here.

A "but" that changes everything
"Oh Spirit stay" we plead
"Baptise us, fill us, overwhelm us,
Make us free indeed.
Transform us and restore us
inspire our hearts once more
Be God's own seal upon us"
our longing souls implore.
"Replenish us with power
and drench us, soak us through
for we've lost hope in anything
that doesn't come from you."

"And I can't live on crumbs God

when a feast You have prepared
and I'm fed up of being hungry
and I'm weary of being scared.
Oh come and make a difference

Come find me on my knees
and make that "but" reality
Come change things for me please"

Karen Holmes
17th January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment