Wednesday 27 August 2014

Coming to You

I'm coming in poverty, 
God be my treasure
An empty clay vessel
Lord fill beyond measure
I fall by the wayside
Lord, cause me to stand
No longer alone
I hold fast to your hand.

I'm coming in brokeness
Desperate for healing
In body and mind
Lord, you know how I'm feeling
I'm weakened by struggling
I'm weary with pain
I fall down before you
Restore me again

I'm coming with sadness
With burden's laid low
My tears you have witnessed
My heartache you know
I've found no relief
Though I've looked everywhere
I know that You love me
I know that You care.

Turn ashes to beauty
Turn sorrow to dance
Erase all my failures
Give me a new chance
Bring wholeness and healing
Transform and renew
That's why I am coming
Dear Father to You.

Karen Holmes
June 18th 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment