Friday 5 November 2010

Why Me?

I am one of those people who always seems to be the one things happen to.  Even the seagull story in this poem is true!  Today I went out with a friend for a coffee and ended up sitting under the spot where the roof was leaking!  Typical!



Why Me?

Why do things always happen to me?
Do I give off signals that beckon
To lost dogs and children and stray cats as well
Is that what it is, do you reckon?

If somebody's going to trip and fall over
I'm always nearby to assist
If they're struggling to find the right change for the bus
Then please let me pay, I insist!

In pubs and in cafe's I make sure I sit
In the spot where the roof keeps on leaking
I'll report any incident as it occurs
I delight in such attention seeking.

A seagull, run over? In front of my eyes?
And yet somehow it has survived?
Well leave it to me to go to it's aid
To see if it can be revived.

Are you struggling to find the right outfit
For a wedding which you must attend
Well latch on to me if you want to
I'll be your spontaneous friend

I wish like the great Harry Potter
For a cloak which could hide me from view
Then I could get on with my own plans
And the things which I really should do

But I know that I'd still be the witness
To life's little daily events
And I'd still get involved, for I'm like that
Sometimes I wish I had more sense!

Karen Holmes
5 November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment