Saturday 6 November 2010

No Good Crying?

Dedicated to Ian, who lost a whole bottle of vodka today due to a flimsy and weak carrier bag.



It's been said that it isn't the end of the world

If you spill just a small drop of milk
But a bottle of vodka all smashed on the floor
Or most any fine drink of that ilk
Really is a good reason for tantrums
And throwing the toys from the pram
And I'd do the same if it happened to me
Calm though I normally am.
I'd be looking for somewhere to place all the blame
So in this case it has to be Spar
For their carrier bags are atrocious
They're the cheapest and thinnest by far.

And I think I can say fairly safely
That a refund should quickly be sought
For the carrier bag wasn't fit for the purpose
As all retail goods really ought
I'd be filling in forms by the dozen
Demanding I get compensation
For surely this ought to be possible
At the manager's dispensation
But make it quite clear what you're wanting
For it would be terribly sad
If they sent you a letter saying “sorry”
And a brand new Spar carrier bag!

Karen Holmes
6 November 2010

3 comments:

  1. Tried to edit this due to misspelling Spar! But it's now decided to mess up the format, never mind eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem Karen! Sometimes Blogger has a mind of its own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alan, like all things technical eh? Best to let them win occasionally!

    ReplyDelete