Tuesday 9 November 2010

Fear


Fear......we all experience it at some time, and these recent months have held more than a fair share for me. I choose not to be conquered by it but to try and enjoy each and every day but with the current debate about my medication, the pros and cons, I am forced to think about the future and what it may hold. My diabetes too is an ever present pain in the backside and sometimes I think that doctors should have just one day to see what it's like!  The poem ends by stating that at the end of the day it is God who is in control of our ultimate destiny.

What does fear do but ensnare
Mistakenly we tarry there
Sometimes fear is justified
And many are the tears I've cried
Yet nothing is achieved nor gained
But the expression of my pain
And maybe that brings some respite
From trying to know what's wrong, what's right
Deliberating the unknown
Being told it is my choice alone
And yet in truth I have no power
To add to life a single hour.

But medics act as if I can
Influence my own lifespan
And I agree in certain ways
Life choices add or subtract days
Yet this seems out of my own hands
I must decide, I understand.
But maybe choice is over ruled,
my body seems not to be fooled
by drugs. It stubbornly rebels
It's own decision clearly tells.
Perhaps this time it will comply
All I can do is trust and try.

But do not point the finger those
Who watch with interest how things go
For if I had the chance I'd choose
to think on happy things,not muse
On medical dilemmas or
Worry bout what lies in store
Believe me doctors who decree
The drugs you think are good for me
You've no idea, you've not a clue
For it's not happening to you.
So don't play God, it's not your role
I am His child, He's in control.

Karen Holmes
November 9th 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment