Friday 12 November 2010

Christmas Leaflets

Christmas is coming
With leaflets through the door
There's brightly coloured baubles
Throughout the Wilko store
A picture on the cover
shows said baubles on a tree
The tree is white and frankly
It don't do much for me.
With baubles blue and pink and green
And spotty ribbon too
I wouldn't give it house space
I don't know about you.

The local garden centre
have joined the leaflet game
They too have got a Christmas tree
There all the bloomin same
But this is more traditional
At least their spruce is green
But it's overloaded badly
It's the busiest tree I've seen
With baubles, hearts and other bits
It's tiring on the eye
Perhaps someone might like it
But I can't imagine why.

The Debenhams leaflet shows a tree
Quite tasteful all in gold
With tiny little shining lights
To chase away the cold
But if I had to choose the store
Whose leaflet comes out top
I'm confident that I would pick
The one from the co-op
No Christmas tree depicted
But chocolates, sweets and cake
They get my vote with stuff like that
They win – make no mistake!

Karen Holmes
12 November 2010





No comments:

Post a Comment