Sunday 14 December 2014

My Soul's Connections

Some people visit our lives for a while
Just passing by with a casual smile
Maybe a nod of their head or a chat
Just an encounter and no more than that
A few words together whilst waiting in queues
Discussing the weather or some recent news
A gesture, a kindness but nothing that lasts
A split second contact a moment soon past.

But others we meet in quite similar ways
Turn up in our lives and then sit down and stay
And most imperceptibly one day we feel
The friendship has grown, taken root, become real
These casual acquaintances somehow connect
with our soul in a way that we did not expect
For our souls speak a language beyond conscious speech
and communicate often beyond cognitive reach.

And I'd like to thank those whose souls speak with mine
in a language of love, a voice almost divine
We can try to define it, in words to express
But spoken words spoil it, make it smaller and less
I have learned as I've gone along simply to rest
With my soul's choice of loved ones, for then I am blessed
For I love you with all that I am and more yet
For my soul celebrated the day that we met.

Karen Holmes
14th December 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment