Sunday 2 November 2014

The Master's Plan

Looking back in hindsight the picture seems so clear
Why did I ever worry, whatever did I fear?
I struggled with each move in case I overstepped the mark
The sun was hidden from my sight, I stumbled in the dark
I wandered round in circles, Felt the weight of every choice
I asked you for your guidance, fear crowded out your voice.

I struggled in my own strength, I tried to take control
I felt that it was up to me to somehow reach the goal
The world talks of enpowerment, we have to fall in line
My future and my destiny, the choices are all mine.

Now looking back in hindsight, I see your guiding hand
The choices which I thought were mine, you had already planned
Your master plan, designed in love, mapped out before creation
Causes me to kneel in awe and sing out in elation

I want no way but yours God, your master plan is best
Teach me to be still and trust, teach me how to rest
Teach me not to struggle, don't let me go astray
Hold me firmly, guide me, in your perfect plan each day.


Karen Holmes
June 1998.

Dedicated to Grace who talks often of "the master plan"

No comments:

Post a Comment