Wednesday 17 December 2014

Dancing

I did it Lord, I danced before you!
Well, more like a hop from foot to foot,

A slightly heavy lump of human untoned muscle
Jumping around without agility
But not without a sense of victory!

For years the great deceiver lied

Predicting failure before I even tried
to dance before my King.

Reminding me of age and shape
Confirming the very idea a mistake
"Dancing - you?" he laughed, he roared
and stopped me dancing for my Lord.

But not this time for something snapped
Some grim determination which before I lacked
Some sense of "You just watch me"

A shout!  A battle cry!
A sudden, fresh awakening as the cross was lifted high.

I did it Lord, I danced before you!
Well, more like a hop from foot to foot.
But you smiled, to took delight

In this most extraordinary sight

and I believe you took my hand
and spun me round and danced with me
to celebrate this victory!

Karen Holmes
Relating to September 10th 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment