Saturday 28 February 2015

The Love I've known


Laughter, smiles and fun filled moments

Cream filled cakes and ice cream cones
Fairground rides and icy pavements
These are the gifts of love I've known

Snowball fights and fits of giggles
Broken down trains and late nights home
Borrowed clothes and pink carnations
These are the gifts of love I've known.

Roaring fires and long, lost stories
Friends that mean I'm not alone
Photographs and loving hugs
These are the gifts of love I've known

Bright balloons, long, loving letters
Silly conversations on the phone
A hand that reaches out to mine
These are the gifts of love I've known.

Simple things life's daily happenings
Wonderful memories all my own
Daily I offer prayers of thanks
For the gifts of love which I have known.

Karen Holmes.

2009

No comments:

Post a Comment