Thursday 9 September 2021

Permission Refused.

Permission sought to speak of ancient wisdom,
To seek afresh the truths of earth's lost story

To dwell in mysteries once so well known,
To touch the roots of life, to witness nature's glory

Not to merely glance and find a picture perfect scene
But to revere, respect, and learn, some deeper truth to glean

Permission sought to dance in sunlight,
to catch the snowflakes,
shout into the sea
To watch a leaf that spins, in rainbow colours
And hear more clearly
A voice divine, that reaches out to me.

Permission sought to leave the empty buildings
Permission sought to walk away intact
To be allowed to step in new directions

To leave this place which has me feeling trapped
Permission sought to visit on occasions
And not be grilled, mistrusted, cast aside
But just to be accepted in my wholeness
For many are the tears that I have cried.

For you don't know - and wouldn't want to hear about

The person hidden neath the smile I wear
The soul that longs for freedom to express herself
In an environment that won't return despair
In a place where I am wholly seen and loved

for who I am not whom you think you see
Where I don't have to guard my thoughts and keep in check

My thoughts and reasoning to somehow keep the peace.


Karen Holmes.
Written 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment