Thursday 2 October 2014

Such Closeness

Oh how You held me, just in that moment
Your presence so tangible, specially for me
So kindly dispensing with all of my fears
As a father might hold a small child on his knee

Never before had I known such a closeness
Never before was your presence so real
Never had an ordinary place been so holy
As that night when your people had asked you to heal.

It took every ounce of my courage to risk it
My instincts were simply to run and to hide
The memories hurt and still tore me to pieces
And deep down the child within me still cried


Lord I can't find the words to explain how you touched me
How utterly, totally safe I became
How lost in your love and secure in your presence
So confident now that you know me by name.

Karen Holmes
Date unknown - probably the early 1990's.

No comments:

Post a Comment