Friday 17 October 2014

His Beloved

Oh my God you have declared that I am dearly loved and precious
And you search for me when I would tend to stray
You leave the door unbolted for you long for my return
And you never, ever turn your child away

For they're beloved

Lord your heart is ever loving and your mercy knows no end
You're forgiving and you're tender, you're my Saviour and my friend
You're arms are always open and a welcome will await
Each child who chooses to return, you receive and reinstate -

As your beloved.

Not a servant's poor position for the one who ventures home

Not a lecture or a list of rules to learn
But a party and rejoicing with the finest food and drink
A celebration for the one who has returned -

You're dear beloved.

You reclothe us in fine garments, you reclaim us as your own

For we're all completely equal in your sight
And we breathe a sigh of calmness for we're safely home once more
when you clasp us in your arms and hold us tight - 

We're your beloved.

Karen Holmes
16th October 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment