Sunday 11 August 2013

Soul Dance

In a darkened place, in a box closed tight
So many things kept out of sight
And some would say it’s for the best
To not unlock the treasure chest

But my heart and soul cannot agree
For they’re dancing in the light
And it would be cruel to return them to
Their prison, due to fright

For what is fright but fear of that
We haven’t known before
And how can we expect to grow
If new truth we ignore

The things that our souls know are true
Are valid, vital, real
And I can’t go a squandering
The deep delight I feel

I totally refuse to take
A step back into hiding
But stand up tall with head held high
In heavenly love abiding

Oh yes, you thought that I’d forgot
Or fallen far away
Yet he’s the keeper of my heart
My soul, my life, my way.

And He delights in freedom
For it was His idea
I’ll dance through heaven’s hallways
Where life and love are clear

For it was His design, His plan
He doesn’t turn his face
But celebrates my freedom
Holds me in His embrace

Held lovingly, in Father’s arms
I cry “How great thou art”
For He designed, created me,
And always holds my heart.

Always, no matter what befalls
Forever without fail
For He’s the author of my dance
The wind within my sail

The vastness of my God is more
Than I could ever tell
And in His word it states that He
Created all things well.

That’s me, that’s you, created well!
By God’s designer hand
No errors and no second best
But by the Master planned

And so I dance, for in this truth
I find release and might
For if I trust that God made me
He must have done it right!!

Hallelujah!

Karen Holmes 11th August 2013








No comments:

Post a Comment