Tuesday 20 January 2015

Regrets

How I wish I'd spoken sooner
To spare you years of pain
I would reach out and embrace you
If I had my time again
But it's easy to be wise now
For the moment has long passed
Even though our words were clumsy
Truth was understood at last.

Karen Holmes
Date unknown.

Words

I wish I hadn't spoken all the words that just poured forth

Now thinking back I realise they didn't hold much worth
I felt I had to say or write the things I thought I knew
But now I wish that I'd reached out and taken hold of you.
I wish I'd had the courage, which was hidden all along
Instead of using clumsy words and risking being wrong,
To throw all caution to the wind, it would have been okay
To let my hugs and love express the things I tried to say.

xxx

Karen Holmes
Date unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment