Friday 19 September 2014

How Long?

How long till we come to our senses?
How long till the truth becomes clear?
How long till we cover the distance
and stand side by side without fear?
How long till we worship together?
How long till the body of Christ
is made up of all who acknowledge
that He paid the ultimate price?

I'm anguished by such cruel division
I am screaming inside as I cry
For I'm parted from part of my family
and my spirit can't understand why.

My head knows the reason's, but somehow
I'm finding it hard to contain
The frustration that's building inside me
A part of me cries out in pain.

So how must the father heart of God
To our sad plight respond?
I believe that His tears are mingled with mine
As I cry "Oh my God, how long?"

Karen Holmes
2013.





No comments:

Post a Comment