Tuesday 11 June 2013

A word of Warning

Diabetes, let me tell you
You and I will soon fall out
We've walked together for so long
Yet frequently you mess about

You change the rules, yet give no warning
The plans I've made, you disregard
Like spoiled child who's plans are thwarted
You still rebel and make things hard

One day in church you threw a wobbly
So whilst they served communion bread
I sat in shaky, sweaty stupor
And Jelly Babies ate instead

You like to make a mockery
of all my efforts to control
And stand in great contempt of all
who set a target or a goal

Consider this your final warning
You'll get an ASBO if you dare
to treat me with such disrespect
and act as if you do not care

We have to live together
Though friends we'll never be
Dear Diabetes, understand
You've met your match in me!

Karen Holmes
February 3rd 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment